2017 JA Bowl-A-Thon
Presented by Bank of America to support
Junior Achievement of Western New York
The average US Household has $15,000 in credit card debt. 68% of all Americans do NOT maintain a budget. A culture of financial illiteracy thrives. Imagine inspiring a generation of young people to be financially capable, prepared and job ready! Together, we will inspire a generation!
The JA Bowl-A-Thon, presented by Bank of America, is not only a fun event; it is also JA’s largest annual fundraiser! Proceeds from the JA Bowl-A-Thon help JA to provide financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurial programs to over 14,200 local students.
2017 JA Bowl-A-Thon Event Details:
March 4 @ 3PM, Jamestown Bowling Co & Mancuso Bowling Center
March 4 @ Noon: Independent Health, Transit Lanes
March 11 @ Noon & 3PM, Transit Lanes, AMF Airport & Lancaster Lanes
If your company is not currently involved with the JA Bowl-A-Thon and you would like more information, please contact Tammy Bixby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-853-1381 ext.210.
If you are interested in becoming a classroom volunteer, please contact JA at 716-853-1381 ext. 215 or 216, you can also visit www.jawny.org.
Please note: registering on this site does not hold a lane for your team. Please check with your company coordinator for the time and location that has been reserved for your company. Also, since this site is provided as a voluntary tool to help fundraising efforts, the grand total, group (corporate), team and individual totals listed on this site do not include offline donations therefore should not be considered final until JA verifies all funds including cash & check received. All 2017 top fundraising category winners will be announced in May.
2016 JA Bowl-A-Thon Event Results:
2016 Top 10 Individual Fundraisers:
1. Sharrell Billups, Tops Friendly Markets $9,840
2. Jere Reed, Independent Health $2,589
3. Brian Olkowski, RONCO Communications $ 812
4. Joe Daniels, Independent Health $ 667
5. John Waterman, Tops Friendly Markets $ 612
6. Rob Bixby, JA of WNY $ 600
7. Garfield Knott, Bank of America $ 545
8. Taylor Hakes, Kenmore Rotary $ 512
9. Kurt Amico, MidCity Office Furniture $ 500
10. Bob Simcoe, MidCity Office Furniture $ 495
2016 Top Fundraising Teams:
1. “Construction & Maintenance”, Tops Friendly Markets, Captain: Chris Watson $10,624
2. “Splits & Misses”, Independent Health, Captain: Jere Reed $3,616
3. “This Is How We Roll”, Lawley Insurance, Captain: Beth Bauman $1,000
2016 Top Fundraising Companies (out of 57):
1. Tops Friendly Markets $25,676
2. Independent Health $16,750
3. National Fuel $9,545
4. First Niagara Bank $6,257
5. Lawley Insurance $4,514
2016 Top New Fundraising Company:
Rainbow International Cleaning & Restoration of Buffalo: $1,112
2016 Most Improved Companies:
Highest % Increase = AAA of Western & Central NY: a 350% increase over 2015
Highest dollar amount increase = Lawley Insurance: $3,217 more than 2015
2016 Most Raised Online:Independent Health: $10,018 raised online