2017 JA Bowl-A-Thon
Presented by Bank of America to support
Junior Achievement of Western New York
2017 JA Bowl-A-Thon Raised $156,467 for WNY students!
Thanks to 1,416 bowlers, their donors, and our invaluable coordinators from 64 companies that all helped make this year’s total possible! Pictured above are (R-L) Tully Turtle, Laura Dolan of Bank of America, JA students from Depew High School and Laurie Mahoney, JA of WNY.
Highlights for the event include:
2017 Top 10 Individual Fundraisers:
1. Sharrell Billups, Tops Friendly Markets $5,927
2. Jere Reed, Independent Health $2,101
3. Joe Daniel, Independent Health $ 758
4. Sam Albert, MidCity Office Furniture $ 675
5. Samantha Eggert, Lawley $ 635
6. Sue Polichetti, Lawley $ 545
7. Tom Petrie, Tops Friendly Markets $ 545
8. Carmello Incorvaia, Lawley $ 520
9. Amanda Kwaczala, Lawley $ 500
10. Rob Bixby, Remedy Intelligent Staffing $ 430
2017 Top Fundraising Teams (out of 328):
1. “Construction & Maintenance, Transit”, Tops Friendly Markets, Captain: Chris Watson $6,427
2. “Splits & Misses”, Independent Health, Captain: Jere Reed $3,159
3. “Construction & Maintenance, Jamestown”, Tops Friendly Markets, Captain: Chris Watson $2,100
2017 Top Fundraising Companies (out of 64):
1. Tops Friendly Markets $20,559
2. Independent Health $13,450
3. National Fuel $10,238
4. KeyBank $6,254
5. Lawley $6,155
2017 Top New Fundraising Company:
Hoffman Hanafin & Associates LLC: $1,000
2017 Most Improved Companies:
Highest % Increase = West Herr Automotive Group: a 120% increase over 2016
Highest dollar amount increase = KeyBank: $5,254 more than 2016
2017 Most Raised Online:
Independent Health: $8,901 raised online
To see more information about the 2017 event, click on the By the Numbers link to the left.
To view photos from past JA Bowl-a-thons, visit our facebook page: www.facebook.com/jaofwny
The JA Bowl-A-Thon, presented by Bank of America, is not only a fun event; it is also JA’s largest annual fundraiser. Proceeds from the JA Bowl-a-thon help JA to provide financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurial programs to over 14,200 Western New York students.
Save the date for the 34th Annual JA Bowl-A-Thon events:
March 3 & 10, 2018
If your company is not currently involved with the JA Bowl-A-Thon and you would like more information, please contact Tammy Bixby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-853-1381 ext.210.
If you are interested in becoming a classroom volunteer, please contact JA at 716-853-1381 ext. 215 or 216, you can also visit www.jawny.org.
The average US Household has $15,000 in credit card debt. 68% of all Americans do NOT maintain a budget. A culture of financial illiteracy thrives. Imagine inspiring a generation of young people to be financially capable, prepared and job ready! Together, we will inspire a generation!